We feel very strongly about the role we play in our wider community and in response to the crisis in Ukraine, we have decided to accept a limited number of pupils from our ‘extended families’ – that is someone who has been taken in temporarily by the family of a current pupil or by a member of staff.
BSA Hardship Fund
Apply for place under the Hardship Fund
The enrolment process will require an online form to be completed, and then we will assess each situation on a case-by-case basis using our normal admissions criteria. Below are the main points to be aware of:
- The applicant is being hosted by the family of a current pupil or by a member of staff
- Places will only be offered in year groups where space permits
- We will not be able to enroll pupils in the exam years (Years 10 to 13)
- Places will be offered to pupils whose learning needs we can support
- We will offer places to pupils of compulsory age upwards
If you are supporting a Ukrainian family and would like to apply, please complete this online form.
Make a donation to support this initiative
To back and fund this initiative, we have setup a Hardship Fund and as a School, we will match every donation 100%. We know that the school community share our same concerns and have expressed a desire to support so if you would like to donate, you can scan the QR code (anonymous) above or make a direct bank transfer using the details below.
BSA Hardship Fund
NL48 RABO 0317 5087 09
Welcome to the Parents’ Organisation
Parents of all children at The British School of Amsterdam are automatically members of the Parents’ Organisation, and we would very much like to encourage you all to be active members.
We aim to create a school community where parents can play an integral and valued role. It could be through activities within your child’s class, an interest you share with other parents or as part of a cultural community within the school. Parents are welcome to attend all school events, volunteer at any opportunity or actively help the Parents’ Organisation (PO) with its current objective. Ideas of how to volunteer are frequently mentioned in our weekly PO newsletter.
The PO is a self-funding organisation run by parent volunteers that provides help and support to families in the school in a number of ways.
- Creates a community to support new parents when they join the school
- Helps to put parents in touch with other parents of similar culture, language or interest creating a feeling of home and community
- Works with school to represent the parent point of view and ensure that the school is supporting parents in the best possible way
- Organises whole school events to give opportunities to build better ties across the school community
- Funds raised at events are used to finance future events with the aim to increase accessibility across the school community and to break even over the year
- Supports charitable fundraising within the school community at our events
The Committee that runs the Parent’ Organisation (P.O.C.) meets weekly. We very much welcome and appreciate your input. If you have any ideas or questions about how the Parents’ Organisation functions within the school community, or are wondering how to get involved, please email us.
We aim to provide the platform not only to help parents find a supportive and fun community within the school, but also to enable our children to reach their potential, as research shows that parents are a valuable asset to promoting student success. We understand that not all parents will be able to give their time due to other commitments but any ideas or support throughout the school year is very much valued.
It is your contribution that will enhance the quality of the Parents’ Organisation and it is our role to represent you as parents within the strategic leadership of the school. We aim to make the school a successful and friendly environment for everyone to flourish.
The Parents’ Organisation Committee of 2022-23 is made up of:
- Sara McCloskey (Chair)
- Sue Saad (Treasurer)
- Shima Akhlaghi (New Parent Coordinator)
- Renata Lima (Interest Groups Coordinator)
- Sadie Lowry (Graphics and Digital Coordinator)
- Svetlana Nikulina (International Communities Coordinator)
We look forward to meeting you!