We are delighted that you are interested in sending your child to The British School of Amsterdam.
We realise that choosing the right school is a big decision which is why we are here to help guide you every step of the way.
Our Admissions Team would be more than happy to help with any questions you may have.
2023-24 Academic Year
Applications are now being taken for April 2024.
We do not enrol pupils into Year 13 as this is an examination year.
For Years 10, 11 and 12, offers are conditional upon testing and suitability for the GCSE/A Level.
2024-25 Academic Year
We are accepting applications for all year groups, with the exception of Years 11 and 13 due to these being examination years.
For Years 10 and 12, offers are conditional upon testing and suitability for the GCSE/A Level.
Arrange your on site visit or online meeting
We have fantastic facilities and are very proud of the learning environment we can offer children of the School. You can see it yourself by completing the form to arrange a visit or schedule an online meeting.
The year group of your child
The year group that a child would join is determined by their age on 31 August.
We do not normally offer places in Year 11 (last year of international GCSEs) or Year 13 (last year of A levels).
Early Years School
|Age on 31 August
|Age on 31 August
|Age on 31 August
deposits and references.
- All applications require a non-refundable registration fee of €250.
- The registration fee is not required for a child returning to The British School.
- For applications for entry into the Junior or Senior Schools, the School will request a confidential reference from the child’s current school.
- For applications received after 1 September 2022, upon offer of a place, an enrolment fee is required. This fee is non-refundable and amounts to €750 for Nursery and Reception and to €2,000 for Years 1 to 12. New pupils transferring from Reception to year one will then get an invoice for an additional €1,250.
- For enrolments received up until 31 August 2022 our current price structure with a refundable deposit will remain in place. An invoice for the deposit must be paid within 30 days of the invoice being sent. The deposit is €2,500, apart from the Nursery which is €1,500. Children who transfer from the Nursery to Reception will be required to increase their deposit by €1,000.
- The week is divided into 10 sessions, five in the morning and five in the afternoon.
- The minimum number of sessions a child can attend is five.
- It is possible to combine both a morning and an afternoon session to make a full day.
- Children under three may only attend five sessions.
- Morning sessions are from 8.45 to 11.45.
Afternoon sessions are from 12.10 to 3.10.
- Children must also be fully toilet trained to join the Nursery.
- Children may enter the Nursery in the term that they celebrate their third birthday. Children who join as a rising 3 will be in the Nursery for more than one academic year. In such instances, to ensure continuity, the children remain in the same classroom for the second academic year. Children enter Reception in the academic year that they turn 5 years old. The school year runs from 1 September to 31 August.
Are you an
- Are you an expatriate parent who qualifies for the 30% ruling?
- You may be eligible for an additional allowance for school fees. Find out more on the Belastingdienst website.
Our school fees are constantly under review and given the current circumstances they are kept as low as responsibly possible whilst continuing to provide the best possible education for your children.
You can see a full breakdown of our fees including an overview of potential additional costs including learning support fees.