Cover Supervisor for the Senior School
Required as soon as possible, a Cover Supervisor to join the Senior School
The role of the Cover Supervisor will consist of the following:
- To support the high quality teaching and learning already in place at The British School of Amsterdam.
- To supervise high quality lessons when required to cover a colleague.
- To maintain the high expectations of pupils’ behaviour for learning.
- To deal with any immediate issues according to the schools policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- To be able to work as a member of a team as well as under their own initiative.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- A passion for supporting learning and the enrichment of young people’s lives.
Please complete an application form (click here), which should include a supporting statement detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and what skills and experience you could bring to the role. Your application form should include details of two referees who will be contacted for a confidential reference.
Closing date 17 September 2020
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistant to join our Early Years School. The Learning Support Assistant will work one to one and in small groups with pupils requiring additional support in the classroom. Click here for more information.
For occasional short-term contracts to cover for absences
We are always interested to hear from locally-based fully qualified and experienced primary or secondary teachers who can make themselves available, often at short notice. If you think you are interested, you can find more information below. Click here for an application form.
The British School of Amsterdam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any role offered at The British School will be subject to various background checks that include receipt of satisfactory references, proof of relevant qualifications, identification checks and police checks (including overseas).
Useful recruitment links
Safer Recruitment Policy
Primary School Profile
Senior School Profile