There is a bus service available to pupils at the School offered by Brouwer Tours. The service is available to all Early Years and all Junior pupils, and to Senior pupils for the morning only.
What does the bus service offer?
- Reliable and affordable transportation for your child to and from school.
- A professional service with a company experienced in school transport and working with children of all ages. The service is available for Early Years and Junior School pupils.
- Flexible routes – you can contact Brouwer to make bus stop requests and they will try to accommodate if possible. If parents would like a door-to-door service they can contact Brouwer directly to express their interest in this.
- A sustainable travel solution and reduced traffic increases safety around the school building.
*From next term the bus service will no longer be offered to Senior pupils in the afternoon due to logistical challenges. If you have a child in/joining the Senior School, please take a look at our travel guide which has suggestions and tips for the best ways to travel to school.
Here’s what some of our parents had to say about the bus service:
“Our daughter loves the bus. It’s a nice way to get to know children in other classes, the drivers are professional and friendly, and the bus service is reliable and convenient.” Year 4 Parent
“Everything worked perfectly; with the bus service we have now found the best solution to send our son to school. And even better, he is always looking forward to the bus ride.” Year 1 Parent
“We are super happy with the bus service in the mornings, it’s such a relief.” Year 2 Parent
“What we like most about the bus service is that they have added a bus stop near our home and it is always on time in the morning and afternoon.” Year 3 and Year 6 Parent
Based on the findings of our bus survey to parents, two bus routes with different pick-up points will be offered. This is subject to change based on increasing demand from parents.
You can view both bus routes on our interactive map below. The timings and bus stop locations are also provided in the tables underneath. Please note that the times are a guide and may change slightly.
Route 1 – Morning
|Bus stop||Address||Zipcode||Pick Up Time|
|Nieuw Oosteinde||Legmeerdijk, Amstelveen||1187 NJ||07:30|
|Westwijkplein||Noorddammerweg, Amstelveen||1187 LR||07:33|
|Middenhoven/Brink||Doctor Willem Dreesweg, Amstelveen||1188 GC||07:40|
|Startbaan||van der Hooplaan, Amstelveen||1185 CW||07:45|
|Sportlaan||van der Hooplaan, Amstelveen||1185 PP||07:48|
|Stadstuinen||van Heuven Goehartlaan, Amstelveen||1181 LE||07:54|
|Old bus stop corner Laan Walcheren||Rembrandtweg, Amstelveen||1181 EW||08:01|
|Uilenstede||Beneluxbaan, Amsterdam||1181 AG||08:05|
|Kastelenstraat||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 GG||08:10|
|Gelderlandplein O||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 KR||08:14|
|Hogewerf||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 LR||08:17|
|Minervaplein||Corner Minervalaan, Amsterdam||1077 TH||08:22|
|Het Portiershuisje||Laan der Hesperiden||1076 DN||08:27|
|BSA||Havenstraat 6||1075 PR||08:30|
Route 1 – Afternoon
|Bus stop||Address||Zipcode||Pick Up Time|
|BSA||Havenstraat 6||1075 PR||15:45|
|Het Portiershuisje||Laan der Hesperiden||1076 DN||15:48|
|Minervaplein||Corner Minervalaan, Amsterdam||1077 TH||15:53|
|Hogewerf||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 LR||15:58|
|Gelderlandplein O||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 KR||16:01|
|Kastelenstraat||van Leijenberghlaan, Amsterdam||1082 GG||16:05|
|Uilenstede||Beneluxbaan, Amsterdam||1181 AG||16:10|
|Old bus stop corner Laan Walcheren||Rembrandtweg, Amstelveen||1181 EW||16:14|
|Stadstuinen||van Heuven Goehartlaan, Amstelveen||1181 LE||16:21|
|Sportlaan||van der Hooplaan, Amstelveen||1185 PP||16:27|
|Startbaan||van der Hooplaan, Amstelveen||1185 CW||16:30|
|Middenhoven/Brink||Doctor Willem Dreesweg, Amstelveen||1188 GC||16:35|
|Westwijkplein||Noorddammerweg, Amstelveen||1187 LR||16:42|
|Nieuw Oosteinde||Legmeerdijk, Amstelveen||1187 NJ||16:45|
The fees vary depending on whether you book a full day, or half day (morning or afternoon).
|Bus service option||Cost per child|
All the administration will be done directly by Brouwer Company. When you complete the application form an administration fee of €25,00 per child, per annum will be charged.
For any questions, please contact Brouwer Planning Department. The office hours are 6.30 to 5.30.
Planning Coordinator: Peter Zeilstra
Phone: 071-36 500 90 (to reach planning please press 2-2)
All applications to use the bus service must be done directly via Brouwer Company. Use the button below to visit the Brouwer Companies website with relevant information and the to complete an application form.
Terms and conditions
- The bus service will be invoiced for a full term, for 5 days per week, Monday to Friday on a non-refundable basis. If you choose a half day service only (AM or PM) and decide to change this later on in the term, then the fees will increase to a full day rate. This is dependent however, on availability of seats.
- There is no reduction of fees if a child is ill or attends an after school activity, or if your child is in the Nursery and only attends part time.
- If your child stops using the bus service mid-term there will be no reduction or re-imbursement of fees.
- Seats are allocated from date of registration, however, the payment for the term will not be pro-rated from date of registration.
- Registration is only confirmed once Brouwer Company confirms this in writing, via email to the parent.
- Travel time in the morning and afternoon from home to school can take up to but not exceeding one hour.
- Times and routes scheduled are not guaranteed for the whole of the current school year. The bus schedule for your child may be affected by children leaving a bus route or new children joining an existing bus route.
- If you are moving house then at least four weeks’ notice is needed. Please note that your address effects which route your child is on and the pick-up and drop off times. If necessary we will try to move your child to another bus route if the new address does not fit into an existing route. This may not always be possible due to the availability of seats and it is possible that your child will lose their place on the bus or that pick-up/drop off time will change.
- The cost of the bus may increase if the number of children using the bus decreases.